WELCOME!!!

Thank you for the interest in my blog!
I hope you will find interesting stuff here related to my personal life and the experience I have gained.
The 'Aero' particle in the blog' title comes from my love of the AEROSMITH's music.
Have a nice reading and if any comments arise don't hesitate to post them!
This blog is dedicated to all my current and future friends around the world!

събота, май 31, 2008

My free time life in Bratislava

Hello guys,

This story is related to the ways I spent my free time here in Bratislava.

The cool thing in the city is that there are lots of different opportunities to enjoy yourself according to your mood, sub-culture and current desire. So far I experienced the following activities:

1. Clubbing - mostly in the discos and clubs within the central old town area, such as:
- Sparx - definitely good place for pop and black music where there is enough space for dancing, not too big crowd, good air condition but too much the same stuff everytime.
- Charlie's - I went only once but I won't go there again. Not a nice place for me - mostly house and techno music, too crowded and smoky...
- discos in Mlinska Dolina (the local student town) - not good for me at all coz of huuuge crowd, entrance fees, bad air conditioning and so on.
- Manana - good place but I enjoy it only when I am with good company. The music is retro style so no doubts that I can get crazy on the dance floor.
- few more coming soon - DOPLER (the biggest disco in Bratislava), Harley-Davidson (cool hard rock club) and more ;)))

2. Pubbing:
- Slovak Pub - I love it, especially to drink there the typical Slovak Kofola! It's too popular and often visited so it's not the most creative place where you can go with bunch of friends but there I feel nice.
- cocktail bars - very expensive at all, just for relaxation, but nothing compared to our pride in Varna - PENCH's! :))
- Channel S - cool place but only when there is no Gay night! Don't ask me more about my experience with that shit there ;)
- Thea houses (Cajovn'a) - one of the coollest type of bars I've ever visited!!! Very popular in Bratislava. You go there for drinking only thea, eat cookies, smoke nargile, lay on the pillows or floor without shoes and talk with friends in a cosy relaxing atmosphere :)
- bar Lounge - cool latino place where I attended a crazy Latino party when I got my first real life lessons on the basic steps :) It's not hard but I'm not the most passionate latino fan ever :)) For a while I can enjoy it but for a whole night will be tough ;)
- others - hard to say something specific about them.
- coming soon - KARAOKE!!! Wow, I miss the great singing bars in Varna and here I will visit the local ones for sure :)))

3. Exercising:
- football - every Wednesday with the colleagues from the company and almost every weekend with few BG friends and guys from Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Portugal etc. The open air playgrounds are not for free which compared to the ones in Varna pisses me a bit off.
- beach volley - very new thing in my schedule that will probably replace the weekend football. It's cool to play on the sand and under the sunshine allthough your skin may get burnt. At least I will have good brown tan when I come back for my holidays in Varna :)))
- bowling - wow, I started to love this game. It's funny, a bit hard, tricky but very interesting. I went only 2 times to play it but I got into it! :)) Looking forward for the next plays ;))
- shooting - for first time in my life I shooted with real guns - 3 types (automatic, semi-automatic and non-automatic). A crazy feeling - a but scary, noisy and weird at the beginning but then you start to enjoy it. I still keep my target at home ;)))
- coming soon - table tennis, billiard, forest trips :))) but I think to bring my backgamon from Varna here ;))) Come on, I have a Turkish guy in my flat! :))

4. Movie nights:
- one Dannish guy organizes very cool movie nights at his flat and so far I watched "Children of men" and "Kontroll" (nominated for Oscar in 2004 Hungarian cult movie);
- in my flat together with the other interns in Jacob Fleming, 3 of them my roommates :)
- cinema - "The Eye" and "Indiana Jones" were the movies I watched on the big screen in the 2 huge shopping malls in Bratislava - Aupark and Polus Center.

5. AIESEC events:
- LC Meetings;
- Coffee talks;
- parties in the flats;
- cultural nights;
- outdoor events - campings, reception weekends etc;

6. Concerts and festivals:
- yesterday I attended the biggest one in Bratislava with free entrance and open air - Zlaty Bazant! It was a huge crowd of young people representing different subcultures so you see there a mixture of colours and styles. Life persormances until 6 AM.

7. Sight-seeing:
- museums;
- galleries;
- monuments;
- castles;
- parks;
- the Old town;

The thing that I don't like is that everything and everywhere I have to pay for entrances, even for the playgrounds. I think there should be some free places but just we need to find them on the map ;) There were only 2 exceptions - Open doors for museums for 1 weekend for the beginning of the tourist season and 1 night, recently.

Weeelll, after a long time without writing I think that's enough info for now. I hope soon I will have the chance to add more pictures coz there are funny ones :)

See ya in the next post, folks :))

Victor Tomov

Първия Български Бутон за споделяне

Няма коментари: