WELCOME!!!

Thank you for the interest in my blog!
I hope you will find interesting stuff here related to my personal life and the experience I have gained.
The 'Aero' particle in the blog' title comes from my love of the AEROSMITH's music.
Have a nice reading and if any comments arise don't hesitate to post them!
This blog is dedicated to all my current and future friends around the world!

четвъртък, ноември 15, 2007

The cultural life in Łódź

Hi guys,

Let's talk about culture this time. Even after my internship in Poland I still can feel the cocktail of emotions about it. You know, when we discuss such kind of experience, it's all related to cultural understanding and communication. Some people may say that Łódź is not an attractive tourist city and probably they will be correct, but only in the part "tourist". I would completely disaggree that in the biggest industrial city of Poland there aren't attractive places. Let me mention some of its unique selling points:

- Łódź is the biggest European city build on a forest land;
- Łódź has the biggest commercial main central street in Europe - Piotrkowska with more than 100 bars on it;
- Łódź has the biggest shopping and leisure center in Poland - Manufaktura with 306 shops, restaurants, cinema center, garden, own transportation and beautiful surface with dancing colourful fountains;
- the biggest Jewish cementary (40 dka) in Poland is situated in Łódź;

Well, if you like churches, rivers, sea then better go to Kraków, Wroclaw or Gdańsk ;) But if you are interested in a urban style beauty then Łódź is the best option for visiting.

Far not the least, the city where I had my internship and lived for more than 3 months is applying for cultural capital of Europe 2016! I will share with you my impressions why it has good chances to win :)

The biggest cultural event that I attended in Łódź was the Festival "Dialog of 4 cultures" which represented the Polish, the Jewish, the German and the Russian cultures via musical performances for 10 consecutive days - between 31.08 and 09.09. It was amazing! I saw some blues rock bands, some traditional music, modern and acoustic ones during the concerts which were held at Manufaktura's square. The entrance was free. The concerts were open air and because of that there were few people in the audience during the rainy days. I may say almost the entire festival passed with rain. Again my good luck, hah! ;)) So I had the chance to remember the Rhyana's song "Under my umbrella" :))) My umbrella is enough big for 3 persons so you can imagine why I made this methaphore ;))) The Festival was closed with concerts of Alpha ville - the German band that did the songs "Big in Japan" (which was actually never popular in Japan) and "Forever young" (at least the band members were young at a certain time of their career), and another band whose name I forgot. After all - huge 10 mins long fireworks show was done that completed my positive impressions from the event! :)

For the rest of my stay there were plenty of art expositions. To name a few - Earth from above (photos from all over the world settled in one park), Photography contests, Egyptian exposition etc. The museums are also quite interesting including topics related to the famous persons lived in Łódź, history, cinematography, Jewish culture, arts. The biggest square in the city I think is the one of the Theater - plac Dąbrowskiego.

All kind of subcultures also can find something for their members. I may say that I visited really cool cult places such as Jazzga - bar for alternative jazz and rock music, Blu - the black parties zone, Przychowalnia - bar for artistic bohema, Honey Bunny - bar with stylish and sweet interior, The Mexican - the best ever Mexican restaurant I've visited and plenty others :)

In the first big city shopping mall - Galeria Łódzka, there was exposition about the life of the Indians in America before 4000 years. Almost everyday something happens in the cultural affiche.

At the end I can say I didn't waste my time regarding the cultural experience in Łódź. Even the local AIESEC invented something special - a drink which is combination of wine and sour cream which both Polish and Bulgarians call "kisel/kisiel". It is served hot and tastes very nice! Taratatata, I'm lovin' it! :)))

See ya in the next story, folks! Thank you for your attention and visit of my blog! Enjoy yourselves!

Regards,

Victor Tomov

Първия Български Бутон за споделяне

Няма коментари: