WELCOME!!!

Thank you for the interest in my blog!
I hope you will find interesting stuff here related to my personal life and the experience I have gained.
The 'Aero' particle in the blog' title comes from my love of the AEROSMITH's music.
Have a nice reading and if any comments arise don't hesitate to post them!
This blog is dedicated to all my current and future friends around the world!

вторник, септември 11, 2007

My 1 week stay in a dermatological hospital in Łódź

Hello my dear friends,

As all of you already know about my great experience and masterhsip in being "karuk" (bad luck person), probably you won't be surprised with the news that somehow (and I still don't now where and when!) I got a chicken-pox on my 3rd week here in Łódź. Unfortunately I passed another small type of this rash disease and I caught the other one finally - varicella! It seemed at the beginning just a flu (but not a rockin' one as in the Aerosmith song) with high temperature.

After 3 days vomitting and strong fight I saw some unexpected rashes on my body and became very very afraid about my health. Then it was good luck that the AIESEC EB here found one guy to drive me in the nearest hospital. First the the doctor thought I had some alergy and sent me to another hospital - with toxicological and dermatological sectors. There for the doctors was obvious - I had varicella, a typical one! Actulally, this was the hardest time for my AIESEC friend coz he hadn't passed it at childhood. So he became afraid about his health as well and we were informed that this disease shows its symptoms after 2 weeks of preliminary periode. Thus, all the persons I had met the last 3 days only had to wait to see what will happen with them if they hadn't passed varicella.

Anyway, with temperature of 39,3 degrees I was immediately hospitalized for 1 week at least. I became some kind of huge attraction for the entire hospital staff since my first day there! I was the only one Bulgarian (foreign) patient and I was the first case within the past 10 years of a person at this age (23) that has caught varicella :) Wow, whata star we're having here!!! ;)

My stay in the hospital was a combination of funny, tough and interesting moments. At one point, only the doctor responsible for me spoke English so I had the chance to practice, learn and improve my Polish language. And I did it with completely new lexic! :) Since my second day in the room along with 2 more persons I started my sociological observations on the different types of behaviour of the people in the hospital - the patients, the staff and the visitors. Heh, some of them were really funny and nice at the same time. Everyone was polite with me as well :)

For the first time in my stay in Poland I had a TV in my room. To use it everyone had to pay but one of the roommates did it several times so I watched Formula 1 and a game between Tottenham (with Berbatov missing the score few times) and Manchester United :)) Cool, yeah!

At another point, I had the chance finally to experience the Polish traditional cuisine coz everytime there were something different served for lunch. I even tried the Polish szynka (ham) which I cannot afford to buy from the supermarkets coz it's a bit expensive. For sure my stay in the hospital was full of positive moments and added another chapter of my personal experience. The AIESEC EB members were very helpful as well bringing me clothes and some cosmetics, driving me with their cars as well.

The most obvious result of my illness which can be seen even nowadays is my grown beard. I haven't shaved myself for already 2 and-a-hafl weeks and for around 1 week more I won't do it so I expect to have a look like Hristo Botev :) Now I look like BG terrorist and all the time when I enter the dormitory the guards check me (probably searching for bombs, weapons or so). All the time I meet someone new, especially a girl, I mention that this isn't my regular view :))

A good thing that came from the fact that I hadn't eaten anything for 5 days is the weight loss. Now I feel good and in my normal shape which I aimed since 2 months :))))

Unfortunately, coming back to work I learn that I infected one of my colleages from the company when I came the morning before the hospitalization to the office. It's a pitty and good for her at the same time, coz later you got varicella, worse your condition will be. So, she caught it at middle age which is acceptable but still bad.


That's all about my hospital experience in Łódź. See ya in the next story from my internship :)

Thank you for the attention!

With kind regards,

Victor Tomov

Първия Български Бутон за споделяне

2 коментара:

Unknown каза...

Hi, Vicki!
Good to see you here blogging and, oh my God! What stories I read about your internship!!! It must have been an unforgettable experience. It's good to hear that no you're OK!
So, how is it there? :)

Aero Vic каза...

Hi, Tsveti :) Here in Łódź is quite good, funny and sometimes not so funny ;)) But to be ok is the most important thing! :)